Popular Movies and TV Show to watch while stuck inside

Rachael Gibson, Staff Writer

This whole year, anything online was definitely helpful for everyone at home during the lockdowns. To pass the time, streaming companies like Netflix, Hulu, and Disney+ have been peoples go-tos for entertainment. Since going to the theaters with friends and family isn’t a thing at the moment, trying to find some fun and exciting movies on your own can be challenging. So here are some of the best ranked movies and tv shows for teens to watch. 

The Mandalorian 

The Mandalorian is the first live-action series in the Star Wars franchise. The premise of the show is set five years after the events of Return of the Jedi (1983). The series is available on Disney+ for streaming and was automatically a hit in the reviews with a 93% rating. The storyline of The Mandalorian is about a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy. The character Baby Yoda even became a meme that swept the nation and touched many peoples’ hearts. This show is great for all ages not just teens. 

Glow Up

Glow Up is a competition show where 10 makeup artists from the UK compete in different makeup challenges where the winner gets a major contract with a leading makeup artist. If you like crazy makeup and prosthetics this show is for you. It’s available on Netflix with just two seasons. The series is just as addicting as most competition shows and is an exciting and fun watch. 

1. All the Bright Places

All the Bright Places is a movie based on the international bestselling young adult fiction novel by Jennifer Niven. It tells the story of two highschool students who both suffer from mental illness from a tramatic past. Its a film that brings heavy topics to the surface and speaks about them with care. Its available to stream on Netflix and is filled with emotion and a great watch. 

1. Euphoria 

Euphoria is a drama series on HBO that follows the life of a group of teenagers dealing with serious topics like abuse, drugs, and identity. The series stars actress Zendaya, who has been in many films and shows like Shake It Up on Disney channel and The Greatest Showman. There is only 1 season so far in the series but recently, two special episodes came out to help bridge the gap for the second season. The show is suspenseful and loaded with gorgeous cinematography. 

1. Onward

Onward is a movie about two teenage elf brothers who go on a magical quest to bring back their late father to see him for one more time. Their journey is filled with obstacles and crazy discoveries. The movie is available on Disney+ and is perfect for family movie nights where everyone can watch and have a good laugh.